« Previous Plant
Next Plant »
Amaryllis Peruvian 'Minerva'
- » Why use Peruvian Amaryllis Bulbs?
- » Can begin shipping the first week in October, ensuring blooms for the holiday season
- » Grown in the Inca Valley of the Andes Mountains, this area is largely free of rain, preventing stagonospora
- » The sandy soil helps avoid damages at harvesting
- » Bulbs are drip irrigated to avoid stagonospora
- » Bulbs grow protected under insect net, preventing virus contamination
- » Temperature, water, fertilization and light conditions are carefully monitored to optimize growth and bud content
- » Positive selection is used before multiplication
- » Extensively dried in drying tunnels prior to export
Growing and Maintenance Tips for Amaryllis Peruvian 'Minerva'
Forcing time: approximately 6 weeks.
Growing temperature: 72 degrees F.
Light intensity: Medium- High
Use: dry sale, greenhouse cultivation for pots and cut flowers.
Bulb size: 28/30 cm